Reef Runner Gear Fins Skins - Menace
Add a custom touch to your gear while protecting from UV, scratches, and saltwater. Why use ReefRunner skins? - ReefRunner skins protect your expensive gear from the ocean environment. Fibreglass, carbon fibre and thermoplastic all degrade when exposed to UV rays and deteriorate when scratched and exposed to saltwater.
- Skin patterns help reduce your hunting profile and allow your dive buddies to distinguish you from your other cohorts.
- Skins allow you to easily distinguish your gear from others'
- Skins remove without leaving residue, allowing easy installation for your next set of skins
- Skins come with easy application guidance
- Fin Skins fit long blade freediving fins with blades up to 28" long and 9" wide (Note: not compatible with extra long blades such as DiveR fins.)
- Order comes with two fin skins (one set)
- Fin Skins are compatible with fibreglass and carbon fibre fins or plastic fins with moderate to low surface contours
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Are they compatible with my fins? - This state-of-the-art material allows easy application on fiberglass, carbon fiber, and even plastic fins with low to moderate surface contours. This material will form to curves and moderate edges typical on plastic fins. Skins will fit on all long blades with blades up to 28" in length (pretty much every fin out there with the exception of Dive-R and Moana)
- What is application like? - Application is easy! Each pack comes with detailed instructions, but here are the basic steps:
For fins 1) Trim decal to approximate shape 2) Wet fin surface with soapy water 3) Position decal to approximate position (decal can be positioned and repositioned as long as the surface is wet) 4) Remove air bubbles with a credit card 5) Make the final trim using a razor or exacto knife 6) Heat the decal a hair dryer to form over contours, 7) Let the decal dry
- Can I remove them? - Our skins won't come off on their own but, if you so desire, you can peel them off your fin without leaving residue.
- Will these skins work with my old, scratched up fins? - Yes, and, in fact, we highly recommend giving your old gear a facelift.
Why spend hundreds on new fins when you can upgrade your gear with a set of our kick-ass skins?